Category wise SMEs

Hi Team,

I am running this forum for our company’s internal purpose. I want to assign an SME (Subject matter expert) to each category created in my Forum.

So that whenever any user creates a topic/post under any category then the email notification has to be sent to the corresponding SME. Can someone help me out here.

You’ll have to build a plugin for that.

How do I achieve the same?

If you don’t know how to create a plugin, there are posts about how to set up a development environment and how to write plugins.

If you would rather not learn to write plugins, post in #marketplace. You post will be more likely to get a reply if you include a budget.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t the email thing be solved by having your SMEs Watch their categories?

https://meta.discourse.org/my/preferences/categories

8 Likes

Better yet, since everything is so hard in enterprise environments, you can go into each SME profile and make him watch his category.

5 Likes

Also, there are a couple plugins that will force members of a group to watch a category. They require modifying code to connect the groups to the categories, however.

Hi,

This is not giving us an email notification when a user posts any new topic under category which is being watched by me.

Do you have “email me even if I’m online” checked? (apologies if I didn’t read back far enough)

1 Like

That’s alright.

Yes, it is checked, however not receiving any email notification :frowning:

1 Like

Can anyone please help me out here…

Are they receiving any Discourse emails at all?

Yes. I want an email notification sent to category wise SMEs. I hope you understood my requirement.

I don’t know what might be wrong. If they are receiving other emails OK, and they are Watching the category, and they have “send … even when” enabled, AFAIK they should be getting the notification emails.

1 Like