Seeking help getting Email notifications to work when a new topic has been added to specific categories

What would you like done? We post our premium newsletters in a couple select categories. I would like all our members to get an email notice when we’ve posted to these categories. From what I can tell, our current configuration is not allowing this. I’ve spent hours toying around with settings and testing things and haven’t solved the problem. I do get emails when someone @ me or a chat summary. But that is about it.

I need someone with experience to check our forum settings, fix, and then verify the forum is sending email notifications from these specific categories when a new post has been added.

When do you need it done? As soon as possible.

What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task? $30

1 Like

Sending a PM.

1 Like

For future searchers, here’s what we ended up doing:

1. Set default email level to “always” and apply the change to your users. (This could be annoying for some people, so you might want to tell people about the change. It’s also something people can opt-out of.)
  2. For the groups of people who you want to get the email, go to Manage => Categories. If you want everyone, I believe you can use the Trust L0 group: /g/trust_level_0/manage/categories. Then select the categories for them to be “Watching First Post”. That should send them an email when a new topic is posted. (This is also a setting people can change if they want.)

“Tracked” or “Watched” might be better options, depending on the nature of the category. “Watching First Post” is the minimum to make sure people get an email.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.