Change group's default title

Hi there,

When I create a new group, it gives me the opportunity to choose a “default title” for members of that group.

However, after the group is created, there doesn’t seem to be any way to edit the “default title” from that point forward.

Is there any way for me to go back and change the “default title” for a group, without completely deleting & recreating the group?

In my case, I’d love to have a “default title” of “Moderator” for anybody who is in the Moderators group, which is the default group that Discourse created. But I’m having the same issue with some of the other groups, too.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe that you can manually go into the admin panel each one of your Moderators’ profiles and change the user’s title.

Default discourse groups have many settings which can’t be changed.

If there are too many moderators to change each individuals title, you can make a second moderators group and change the default title of that group.

2 Likes

Ah, that’s great to know! Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

Yes, just like you said, I just discovered that I actually CAN change default titles for all of my custom groups. But it’s the default discourse groups that can’t be changed.

And yes, I only have a couple of moderators, so very easy to change manually.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No problem! Glad I was able to help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.