Changing, "let's welcome them to the community" message for new users

Hello,

I’m just wondering if there is a way to change this message that appears at the top of topics when a new user makes their first post?

I run a bereavement community and have received feedback that “welcoming” a user is insensitive so it would be good to change it to something more in line with our tone of voice.

I can’t find this anywhere in settings.

Thank you!

2 Likes

You can customise the text from your /admin/customize/site_texts page, and the string you’re looking for is js.post.notice.new_user. :+1:

As a general tip, you can type a key part of the text you’re looking to replace into the search box on that page and it should bring up the one you want. :slight_smile:

There is also the returning user post notice, though I don’t think that one sounds like it will be as sensitive - but it’s js.post.notice.returning_user if you need it. And you can adjust what trust levels can see them using the new user notice tl and returning user notice tl admin settings:

1 Like

Thanks so much! That’s exactly what I was after :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.