Changing the 'Categories' label

Hi friends,

I want to relabel this to ‘Games’ from ‘Categories’ and I know it’s under Customize / Text but I cannot tell what element this is. I know zero code language but you’ve all been super helpful

See attached

1 Like

There are a few :sweat_smile:, I don’t see which one it is from your screenshot :nerd_face:
You might want to try :

js.categories.all

catégories

js.filters.categories.title

Catégories

js.user.preferences_nav.categories

Catégories

js.user.categories_settings

Catégories

admin_js.admin.web_hooks.categories_filter

Catégories

admin_js.admin.reseed.modal.categories

Catégories

search.types.category

Catégories

My screen shot if from the default page users load when first loading the forum. My categories are actually game titles so I think that naming convention would be more intuitive

I’d go with js.categories.all then (it was labelled “all the categories” before) but for consistency, shouldn’t you rename it through all the site?

3 Likes

Ben I spent the last 3-4 hours breaking the site and patching it back together. My brain mashed potatoes. Learned a lot along the way though

5 Likes

If you get stuck trying to find a translation key again, the easiest way to find the correct key for a term that is used in a lot of places on Discourse is to follow the steps outline in this guide: Find a translation key with verbose localization.

2 Likes

Thanks all. Is there an easy way to bulk change Categories (wherever found) to Games? @simon

1 Like

It might be possible to automate the process through the API, but there is no way to bulk change all references to “Categories” to “Games” through the user interface. You will need to update the translation for each key manually.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.