Choose first day of the week on Upcoming Events calendar

Hello,

I need to set the first day of the week to monday. Currently, it is set to sunday on my discourse trial.

I’ve search all web site settings and personal preferences but could not figure out how to setup monday as the first day of the week on my category calendars

3 Likes

I’m not sure that this is the correct answer but you could try setting the working days as per the image below and see what happens.

2 Likes

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

My working days are already set as you suggest.

But it doesn’t help in my case.

Sorry

1 Like

This doesn’t help you a bit, but I stopped to use it just because sunday was the first day of week. And the most of world uses monday, so for me it was like forced to use inches, furlongs and stones :smirk:

But I reckoned they fixed it at some point. But apparently not.

I’m afraid I don’t think this is currently possible at the moment. The Upcoming Events calendar begins on Sunday, whereas the topic calendars start on Monday.

Depending on your use case, you could use the topic calendar instead and add it to a category view?

We create the events in several topics that have to be discussed and are part of sub categories.

So I think I need category calendars.

1 Like

I think the Events feature of the plugin does sound exactly what you need for that so the topic calendars may not be a good workaround.

I agree that it would be nice to be able to choose your start day of the week for the Upcoming Events calendar. I’ll slide this over to a feature request and see if others feel the same. :+1:

It was also asked here as well, so you’re not alone:

1 Like

Sorry (not really :joy:) nagging, but at least ability to use globally the most used starting day monday should not be any feature request. It is major lack of UX.

1 Like