On our site, we’ve plenty of shared vouchers from time to time. All of them, are shared from one user, to another. However, it’s a bit odd that every user needs to make the standard “Hi. PM me, if you want the voucher”, cause (the voucher/code) is unique (a one-time code, or so).
I would love to see a feature, where:
- A can post a voucher, which will be hidden, if it’s not claimed by another user
- B can Claim/Reserve that voucher
- B can (at any time), select to Unclaim/unreserve the claimed voucher
- A+B+C can see who claimed the shared voucher
A = The person who shares the code/voucher
B = The person who claims/reserve the code/voucher
C = Is the other persons in the thread, which found the claimed/reserved voucher, but maybe want’s to ask person B, if the voucher is really used. This could even be a tool-tip or so, so the user won’t communicate directly in the thread, but in a PM. It will also allow people to track if there’s lurkers who just reading and grapping vouchers - nothing else.
Is there anything like that out there? Else i really think it would be a good thing to implement, if not as a standard-feature, so at least as a plugin.
Extra things to keep in mind:
- Allow the user to mark the vouched as “unlimited”, so all can claim it, and will be listed next to the voucher. Just to track/see who actually used the code, instead of all the “Thanks” replies in the topic. The wording could also be something like “Thanks. Let me see the voucher.”, if the voucher is marked as “unlimited”.