Classified ad for Discourse

Hi,

We have a forum and would like to open a new classified session for our forum members.

We do not want to use wordpress for this since we want it to be as integrated to our forum as possible, so people do not need to sign up again or can easily check who posted (how he/she contributed to the forum etc.), also we want it to be mobile friendly as this forum.

So, I wonder if it is possible to implement a classified ad system into a discourse forum?

It can be one main category of the forum or another discourse forum that is connected to the main one (uses the same login etc.) This part of the forum will be used for classifieds rather than being community forum. So, topics will include title and description as usual, price, city, state, maybe buy/sell/trade options and it would be good to upload images as well of course.

As a side note…the discourse Wordpress plugin supports a single login for WP and discourse.

I believe there is a classifieds plug-in available also. You may wish to consider the locations plugin in addition to this.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, we prefer to avoid WP as much as possible.

I could not find any classifieds plugin on github or here, can you please direct me? Thanks.

1 Like

Understood on WP. I was certain there was some sort of classifieds plugin but looking again I can see you’re right. All I could find was the buy, sell, trade plugin.

1 Like