Clickable Social Icon Links on Profile

Would it be possible to add other Social Links such as:

3 Likes

I can only guess at the code to do this, but can see the trick would be converting a Mastodon user name like @frodo@hobbit.town (probably easy to grep match on the double “@”? I stink at grep) to https://hobbit.town/@frodo

Seems doable?

unless the user just enters a URL for their mastodon link (I’d prefer the former since I already have users entering fediverse user names in a profile field)

1 Like

@weallwegot I just create a pull request for some changes in your theme component:

Please accept this PR to add Facebook support and also include some fixed in base URLs. Thank you!

5 Likes

Thank you @weallwegot that was fast! :smiley:

1 Like

sorry for being absentee - im open to PRs for any/all of these!

and also if anyone smarter than me has a good idea for generalizing vvvvvv

2 Likes

oh wow, looks like someone forked and did but never opened a PR - will check in on this version, but for people asking could check out this fork

3 Likes

Best would be to have all in your “official” version. I don’t know much about Github, so this question might be stupid: Can anybody request a PR from a forked repository into the original repository?

2 Likes

I have an error in the console, did I miss something in my settings?

plugin-api.js:19 [THEME 9 ‘discourse-social-links-clickable’] To prevent errors in tests, add a pluginId key to your modifyClass call. This will ensure the modification is only applied once.
be @ plugin-api.js:19

1 Like

I didn’t try the component but that sounds familiar.

I think it’s a warning, not an error. It won’t prevent the component from working, but it should be updated. here: discourse-social-links-clickable/head_tag.html at master · weallwegot/discourse-social-links-clickable · GitHub

To

api.modifyClass('component:user-card-contents', {
  pluginId: "someArbitraryValue",
  hasLocationOrWebsite: true
})
2 Likes

There is an issue with the Discord profile link. It always shows my forum’s URL and appends the Discord username as value for the profile link.

Happens on 3.1.0.beta4

1 Like

Thanks for the plugin, however it seems to be breaking the user card design if a user doesn’t have any of the fields populated.

1 Like

Is it possible to show temporary-twitter-x instead of fab-twitter as X/Twitter icon?

1 Like

seems broken in the recent update due to Ember JS?

1 Like

hey sorry for late reply on other messages, i don’t currently have an instance to do testing/updates with so i’m unfortunately behind on some of the maintenance that this needs. I can however review any PRs if anyone has a quick fix or the capacity to actually test on an up to date version!

Lmk & super sorry for the inconvenience!

3 Likes

I’m not an expert in Ember but otherwise if someone has a fix I’m happy to test and share console logs!

1 Like

I’ll pop the broken tag on for now, but hopefully it’ll only be temporary and someone will provide the PR you need. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Hopefully this helps.
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 22.52.22
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 22.52.44

1 Like

I just made a PR. Not about the problems at the moment but about replacing Twitter with X. Comparing with the problems this is not important at all, but maybe useful anyway. And might help keep focused on the the important fixes. :wink:

5 Likes

Did anyone manage to figure this out?

2 Likes

I’m still getting the warning:

referencing the Ember 5 changes which I entered as an issue for this plugin.

If I am reading this thread likely, it seems like the plugin most likely be updated (its beyond my code range). This is not super critical and I most likely will do away with it. I have long wished for additions of more services (Mastodon especially).

1 Like