Create custom flags

We use discourse over at http://komodoide.com and I often find myself wanting to “assign” someone to a support thread. Right now I often reply and simply mention them, but this is not ideal.

Ideally I’d like to use the “flag” functionality to give it a custom flag that I could create myself, eg. “needs support with frontend”. I could imagine this functionality being very useful for a variety of Discourse implementations.

8 Likes

We always planned to allow customisation of flags, just have not gotten around to it.

Visual mocks and UI workflows will greatly help build such a feature.

5 Likes

I second this, I would really like to be able to flag discussions as open / close / pending. I think between the “Category” and the “Post” columns would look like the right place to put flags. Like categories themselves, I think color coded options would be ideal. Also being able to specify the sort ordering would be helpful.

Any update on this :smile:? Having custom flags would be great for my organization’s use case.

Yep. That would be a nice addition. A client of mine ist looking for a way to flag threads/messages with some kind of to-do flag. So the admin or another stuff member remember to look after the thread/message.

Bumping this because users of my community could use the flag system to report videos removed from Youtube etc. without having to type it themselves in the custom report field.

2 Likes

Use the official assignment plugin for this; no flags needed.

2 Likes

See also Creating Custom Flag.