Current Mailgun API key does not work

It appears that Discourse has hard-coded a regex check for the Mailgun API key. Mailgun’s API keys have undergone a format change to prevent spammers from scrapping publicly accessible repositories for Mailgun API keys. The regex check would need to be addressed to allow API keys that do not match the old naming convention or remove the restriction on the discourse instance locally.

This was discussed a few weeks ago! @techAPJ this was fixed at that time right?

Can you link to the announcement so that we can check the new format?

1 Like

I’m not sure if there’s been an announcement from Mailgun but this is what they told me in an email yesterday. The format is like this but not sure if that helps.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx
1 Like

Is x a hexadecimal value?

Obviously this is not my key but it’s like this:

325e2234f7d193364423712e74142145-1b7bf5f1-2167af0b

1 Like

It’s now fixed :strawberry:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/474a01f33803638cd1c4242da81f57ffdd601790

5 Likes

Cool. Is it possible to update my current instance of Discourse with this fix? Or do I just edit that file and then do ./launcher rebuild app ?

Wait for the build to finish (a few minutes) and then you’ll be able to rebuild to get the fix.

3 Likes

From reading some docs I would just do the following, right? (sorry, first time updating like this) Also I’m on v2.1.0.beta3 +64 if that makes any difference:

cd /var/discourse
    git pull
   ./launcher rebuild app
1 Like

No worries. Yup, just that.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 22 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.