Mailgun is not loving your login or password

(kirsten greed) #1

I had cause to reset my SMTP password in mailgun.
I re-ran the discourse set up ( twice double checking the password)
but I still cannot send email.
I followed the help at This Question and found the message "Mailgun is not loving your login or password"
The login has not changed and I have double checked the new password.

(kirsten greed) #2

(Jay Pfaffman) #3

Are you confusing the API key and the smtp password?

(kirsten greed) #4

I dont think so.
The only thing I changed was DISCOURSE_SMTP_PASSWORD in Discourse Setup and the password in MailGun

(Jay Pfaffman) #5

And it came from somewhere that looked like this? (Except there’s a green “verified” box instead of “unverified”.)

(kirsten greed) #6

Yes. Only with my domain name instead of d.Itcmp.net and different IP Address, API Key and password.

(Jay Pfaffman) #7

You want the password, though, not the API Key.

(kirsten greed) #8

Yes the default password.
I have checked several times
Could there be some expectation about the password? Over 26 characters for example?

I have only started look at MX records etc because I don’t know what else to check.

(kirsten greed) #11

In discourse set up I was using the SMTP email address postmaster@discourse.mydomain.com however the mailgun login is just postmaster@mydomain.com Which one should I change?

(Jay Pfaffman) #12

You should use the one that mailgun said to use. So take discourse out of the username.

(kirsten greed) #13

I got confused because the 30 minute set up instructions had [postmaster@discourse.example.com]:
and postmaster@discourse.mydomain.com did actually work for me at first strangely.

(Jay Pfaffman) #14

That’s the default username for mailgun. It appears that yours somehow got changed.