Custom CSS for date slider bar

What would you like done?

In many cases, we have an information wiki as the first post of a topic. In those cases, replace the contents of the “widget-link start-date” class with a background image, as a reminder to visit the wiki. Clicking on the image should take you to the top of the topic, just as clicking on the start date does currently.

I’m open to suggestions how the css would know whether there’s a wiki at the top.

When do you need it done?

Next couple weeks would be great.

What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task?

Open to offers.

I checked where the wiki class is set when a first post is in wiki mode, but it’s not high enough in the hierarchy to work well.

I think the best way to do this is to create a tag named wiki (or anything else) and use the body class .tag-wiki before each css customization

Then you can work with the class

.tag-wiki .timeline-date-wrapper {
     background: ****;
}

.tag-wiki .timeline-date-wrapper {

}
2 Likes

Another option is to assume if the topic is in certain categories, that it has a wiki. This will be a good-enough assumption.

Either way it’s beyond my capabilities, so still looking for a paid solution.

A category will work too. A tag or category add a class in the body tag, which is enough to customize every section of the posts.

I can help you with that. I can manage that via css and should pass any future discourse upgrade

Let me know if you’re interested at mondiscourse@gmail.com

1 Like

I think it would be quite beneficial to themes / components if that class were added higher up in the html hierarchy. I’ll fix that in a day or two :+1:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.