Customising the preferences page

Hi,

I’m trying to apply some additional customisation to the preferences page, but I’m having some difficultly. I’ve created this in the ‘’ template section:

<script type='text/x-handlebars' data-template-name='user/preferences'>
  contents of 'app/assets/javascripts/discourse/templates/user/preferences.hbs'
</script>

But this doesn’t work 100%. There’s a couple of elements of the preferences page that don’t work properly… I’ve highlighted them below.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

This would suggest that:

• you haven’t updated your installation of Discourse recently.
  • AND - you are using a version of preferences.hbs that doesn’t match your current version.
1 Like

Yes. What you have highlighted are the client.en.yml tokens that should have text strings that go with them.

I’m confused about what you are trying to do in the Admin -> Customize -> CSS/HTML </head>

It looks like you want to replace the preferences template.

Please explain further.

2 Likes

Oh yes, of course! I took the preferences.hbs off of github. It was late and it didn’t occur my addled brain that it might not be the same as in my installation.

Sorry for the noise!

Hi,

Thanks the reply. I’m just starting to explore ways to make discourse seem better integrated with our main site. There are a few areas if overlap, such as dual preferences/profile pages, two notification systems etc.

I’m doing this in quite a hacky way at the moment, as you can see :wink: However, once I have a clearer idea of what we want to achieve then I’ll attempt a cleaner set of changes.