DarkPixlz's Modern Theme

I love it :slight_smile:

There is a bit of an issue on my end since the menu is hidden (no sidebar); the transparency freaks out a bit, and the header bar doesn’t extend fully to the right.
Do any of you see this in testing?

3 Likes

The header is expected as it’s centered, although no, seems like I didn’t test the new context menu without the sidebar, I’ll fix it tomorrow.

3 Likes

Sounds good!
It’s not the end of the world or anything, as the sidebar does look great with this theme- I’ll just roll default for now.

Thanks for the high velocity updates :grin:

3 Likes

Just noticed the “Staff” tag came back even though it’s disabled.
There’s also a dot after the shield.

2 Likes

Yep, I’ve got an issue report here

3 Likes

Hey, not seeing it on my test site. What other options do you have enabled, can you send me your settings?

1 Like

Fixed this in latest:

2 Likes

I’m having the issue as well. Which settings do you need to see? (Only in Chrome/Edge which I don’t use, but I tested on both when a user reported it.)

1 Like

Mainly the last 3 or 4 and we’ll go from there.

1 Like

(The menu being halfway down the page is an artifact of the screenshot tool)

2 Likes

My only possible ideas is a lack of webkit support? I’ll have a look.

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply-
Here are my extra components and color theme

Here are the last few settings, as I saw you asked for them from Den

2 Likes

Hey everybody! A bit of a smaller update here, but I gave the user profiles a bit of an improvement:

This is a bit of a beta feature - if you have any thoughts please let me know!

3 Likes

If the background is bright, give the icons and text a darker color. This is so that the text is slightly easier to read in bright backgrounds overall.

3 Likes

Good idea, will add this later.

2 Likes

It’s good-looking, hope to develop a bright theme

3 Likes

Hey everybody,

Theme updates may be slowing down a bit for a few weeks. If you have any thoughts, please let me know and I’ll get to them soon.

1 Like

Update: I got another site up, so theme updates will continue again.

3 Likes

Hello everybody,

I’ve made several changes to the theme.

1. User card fixes

In some places, previously user cards may be offset. This has been fixed.

2. 2 new settings

1. Mobile full width

This one is bit more of an experiment, but you are now able to use full width on mobile. It’s still very much a beta, feedback is appreciated.

2. Disable floating header

Dont want the header to float anymore? There’s now an option to disable it.

3. Several other minor changes

I’ve made a lot of minor changes to the way that rounding works, and other color changes.

If you have any other questions or feedback, please let me know!

1 Like

Hello everybody,

Lately, I’ve been busy and I’ve been trying to clear my plate a bit more in terms of projects, and this is one which I will be choosing to drop.

This doesn’t mean the theme will outright break, I’ll continue fixing it. Here’s a bit of a breakdown on how this will work:

Event Will be fixed
Theme issue is found, not caused by Discourse (ex: unstyled page) :x:
Minor Discourse change (ex: classes of smaller items changing) :white_check_mark:
Major Discourse change (ex: new menu in an obscure place) :x:
Feature updates (ex: new settings) :x:

I’ll still be watching the repo and accepting pulls from anybody who requests them, but I myself will no longer be adding new features, unless it is a major change to Discourse, in which case I will.

TLDR; I will not be adding more features unless it is a major Discourse change, fixes will also stop unless it is breaking

If the theme breaks and I can’t fix it, the end-of-life or broken tags will be added, but for now it works fine.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply. Thank you.

4 Likes