DarkPixlz's Modern Theme

Hey it won’t let me post again for 20 hours @darkpixlz

would it be possible to add a file like in the default theme that allows custom css? I can’t change username/group colours with your theme

That is core behavior, it only has the loading bar when you navigate pages, not reload. If it is always reloading, then you have a site issue.

Hi all,

A bit more unrelated, but soon I’ll be beginning a full restructure of the codebase. It’s buggy, messy, and breaks too often. I’ll rewrite the common script and add more mobile compatibility. There will also be more general design changes to be more modern and less “me in 2021”.

I’ll keep updates here. Stay tuned!

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry I forgot to announce this yesterday but I made a bunch of changes to the general visual style. The buttons are now white, I fixed up some blur, and cleaned up the code a little bit. I also added my other addon Xreplace to the theme because I think the logo is horrible and don’t want it used with the theme lmao.

It wasn’t a huge update, but it should make it cleaner visually!

Hi all,

Pushed another update. Fixes the broken flagged UI, and I added mixins everywhere which should allow me to make everything more custom in the coming days. Enjoy!

1 Like

Hi all,

Happy (almost) 2 years!

Currently, the theme is on version 1 (ignoring github’s “releases” which doesn’t really do much for the theme). It’s a bit of an inconsistent wreck and has a lot of issues. When I wrote the theme, I knew a little about CSS and no JS (and my UI/UX outside of dfiscourse looked something like this). Thankfully, this has changed a lot, so I plan on using that knowledge more in the rewrite. (it doesn’t need to be 2000 lines in it’s current state! fun fact: the theme used to just be my fork of the Air theme, i split it into its own thing after I got rid of the circle and added the blur)

I plan on releasing a Version 2 not too far in the future, with new code, a refreshed, modern look, and better compatibility with new features. Hoping to have more news here soon, hopefully by the summer! For updates you can check the dev-v2 branch of the theme which will start getting pushed to soon.

Sorry for leaving you all in the dark for a bit :pensive:. Hopefully this new era will improve the theme for the better! I’ll start posting updates here pretty soon with design decisions (maybe a poll or two) and more. Thanks for your continued support as usual!

2 Likes