Delete known user on approvals?

approval

(Allen - Watchman Monitoring) #1

I wonder, what would happen if I were to click the Delete User button on a user with posts?

I wonder what would happen if I were to click Delete User on my admin account?

Perhaps those buttons should only be there if the user is in a delete-able state?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

I agree with this, maybe a simple check is to not show the button unless the user is tl0.

(cpradio) #3

I thought it only showed up when specific conditions were met anyway… Such as less than 2 posts and within X number of days since account creation? Maybe I’m thinking of something else though.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

Possibly @eviltrout can you confim the conditions under which Delete User appears in the post approval UI?

(Robin Ward) #5

Looks like it always shows up now. It might be tricky to pull up all the conditions as to whether a user can be deleted, since it involves counting posts + more?

(Allen - Watchman Monitoring) #6

When I’m in the admin on a user’s page, sometimes the delete button is there, sometimes it’s not. Is the code which controls that available in the Approvals page?

(cpradio) #7

Just to be fair, I don’t mind if it is only shown for TL 1 and below with less than X posts. It isn’t hard to get out of TL 1 (in fact, I think you can do it without posting?). So I would not want to see it limited to TL 0. It should definitely include TL 1 (although I agree most spammers do not get out of TL 0).

(Jeff Atwood) #8

For now just limit it to showing that button only on TL0 users please.

(Robin Ward) #9

This should do it: