Delete known user on approvals?

I wonder, what would happen if I were to click the Delete User button on a user with posts?

I wonder what would happen if I were to click Delete User on my admin account?

Perhaps those buttons should only be there if the user is in a delete-able state?

1 Like

I agree with this, maybe a simple check is to not show the button unless the user is tl0.

2 Likes

I thought it only showed up when specific conditions were met anyway… Such as less than 2 posts and within X number of days since account creation? Maybe I’m thinking of something else though.

Possibly @eviltrout can you confim the conditions under which Delete User appears in the post approval UI?

Looks like it always shows up now. It might be tricky to pull up all the conditions as to whether a user can be deleted, since it involves counting posts + more?

1 Like

When I’m in the admin on a user’s page, sometimes the delete button is there, sometimes it’s not. Is the code which controls that available in the Approvals page?

Just to be fair, I don’t mind if it is only shown for TL 1 and below with less than X posts. It isn’t hard to get out of TL 1 (in fact, I think you can do it without posting?). So I would not want to see it limited to TL 0. It should definitely include TL 1 (although I agree most spammers do not get out of TL 0).

For now just limit it to showing that button only on TL0 users please.

1 Like

This should do it:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/8f0cd18d4b8ac77b9aaac860ed4e53223f316f7a

3 Likes