Enable changing of trust level badge description text

I’d like to be able to change the trust level badge text, mainly to remove the link on the word “Granted” below which take users to meta. I want to move this information to the faq on my site and think that’s generally the best place for it anyway. Currently this is greyed out and I am not able to change it.

Now that the definitions are becoming stable, I think it’s time.

6 Likes

Recategorising as bug, we allow name changing, we must also allow description changing.

6 Likes

Found a related problem here. The un-editable description for the “Member” badge is:

Granted invitations

This is a problem for people using SSO (who are forced to :frowning:) or otherwise have chosen to disable invitations.

In addition to making these editable, should this default description (and really all the trust level badges) be changed to something more generic?

5 Likes

Bumping it again to bring it to attention. Would be really nice if we can edit description for all the default badges.

Please look into it.

1 Like

You can already do this by having a simple plugin over-ride the text eg.

en:
  admin_js:
    badges:
      badge:
        editor:
          description: WooHoo! Actually figured out how to edit a post!

But I guess it might be nice to have the input field in
Admin -> Badges
not be disabled

4 Likes

Thanks for the plugin tip. Was able to change them by creating a basic plugin for it. But yes it would be nice if this was a core feature.

1 Like

Please remember this “bug”.
Thanks.

Checking in on this. I’m about to just patch in some CSS to hide all descriptions, which sucks. The linked posts show metrics on attaining the trust levels. This information is probably different per forum and should be up to the forum operator to set and describe.

For anyone else interested, this does the trick:

.badges-listing .description > a {
    display: none;
}

I changed that with this new feature:

It was perfect :wink:

Thanks !

5 Likes

Brilliant @SidV! I hadn’t even seen that. Thank you, sir. This is a much more elegant fix.

1 Like