Developer needed for Discourse self hosted issue

Hey All

I have (had) a quite popular forum for music via my Test Pressing site (testpressing.org) and one day the forum just disappeared. It’s hosted on Digital Ocean so I need someone I can pay a bit of money to to have a quick look and see if they can trouble shoot. I don’t think it’s a big issue it just needs replugging back in in the correct order. The dev that set it up is scared witless of Digital Ocean so looking for someone who knows their way around that…

Hope thats ok to ask for help here! Cheers, Paul (Apiento).

4 Likes

I’ve moved your Post to marketplace accordingly. :+1:

2 Likes

Apologies. I wasn’t sure where to go!

2 Likes

Not a problem. I could name at least 3 people who might pick this up but have no idea if they are busy or not, so let’s see. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks man. Appreciated. I honestly think it’s something pretty simple it’s just far far beyond any skillset I have.

2 Likes

I sent a personal message. Please email me back!

2 Likes

I’ve mailed you. That’s not really what I am looking for but thank you for getting in touch!

2 Likes

Hi @Apiento / Paul
Sends you DM, More than happy to help on your query :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Still looking for someone to help if anyone is out there! Cheers.

Two people have responded to you, maybe you need to be more specific as to your needs if they were unable to help?

If your issue is budget I would recommend taking this back to support and getting some guidance there.

Try to remember that you’re not paying for the time it takes to fix the problem, but the expertise it requires for someone to be able to pinpoint and fix quickly. If it’s simple then it’s probably within your gift to stretch a little and learn.

1 Like

@stephen - I had the budget for what I thought was fair. It was a reset of a server but one was a subscription service which was a yearly fee and the other guys I tried to jump on a zoom with and couldn’t hear them down the line so that wasn’t going to work either. Fixed now though. Just want to be clear that I was doing the correct thing.

2 Likes