Different Device, Same IP with Nginx

Am I supposed to do anything special when installing Discourse on a different device compared to Nginx if they’re sharing the same IP?

Am I supposed to open different ports for them due to them sharing the same IP, might be a stupid question but I’m not 100% with networking and it doesn’t hurt to ask.

Thanks in advance,
~Blood

Are you doing a standard install or something else? It sounds like something else but you don’t give enough detail to guess what you’re trying to do. You might want to see Running other websites on the same machine as Discourse

1 Like

I’m not running it on the same device, just the same IP, I have two raspberry pi 4 model B’s. One has Nginx with my sites on it and the other I’m trying to install Discourse on. I’m having to wait until tomorrow now due to my SD Card being corrupt.

~Blood

If you are following our Raspberry Pi guide with Cloudflare Tunnels Discourse on a residential internet with Cloudflare Tunnel it should not matter that both sites are on the same IP.

1 Like

Yeah I didn’t know this was a thing due to me just finding the Blog that didn’t mention any of this. I was having trouble installing this via the new SD Card so I didn’t get this far sadly.

~Blood

The blog links to that article :sweat_smile:

2 Likes