Discourse 2.6 released!

Originally published at: Discourse 2.6 released!

Today we release Discourse 2.6, building on Discourse 2.5 from June. For post 2.0 releases we’ve chosen a new set of codenames based on the history of human communication; this release is Baudot. Improved Category Moderation In this release, category moderators have been granted many more abilities. In addition to handling the review queue for…

33 Likes

Baudot is the earliest ASCII table! Just a lil’ baby :baby:

17 Likes

This is super nice! I love Discourse very much <3

2 Likes

Re: Font selection, please consider making the fixed-width font configurable as well. This Consolas nonsense is turrible. Mostly because the 1 and l are so easily confused, it almost feels deliberate.

(It’s worst when they’re seen in isolation — side-by-side they look different, but an l viewed all by itself could easily be either glyph. “What command did you run?” ls. “And how long did it take to execute?” Less than 1s. “Well I would hope ls executes in under 1s!”)

2 Likes

How is it not configurable? Simply override the css rules on your site in admin, customize.

2 Likes

I think the feature request here is to “make it super easy”

Coming up with the name for the font is kind of hard, I am not against this in principle but this may be … too much choice.

As you said, already perfectly easy to change in a theme component.

6 Likes

Discourse 2.7 Released! | Blog