Discourse 3.2.2 Gamification Issue: Excluded Users’ Cheers Not Displaying on Profile Cards

Hi everyone,

Since upgrading to Discourse 3.2.2, I’ve noticed an issue where users excluded from the leaderboard no longer have their number of cheers displayed on their user profile cards. These users are highly active staff members who are excluded because they consistently top the leaderboard, which prevents regular members from having a chance to exceed their points.

Despite being excluded, they still earn points for their contributions, which were previously displayed on their user cards and profile summaries until this upgrade.

If I remove a user from the excluded group, their points display returns, but so does their top position on the leaderboard. As soon as I add them back to the excluded group, the display disappears again.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a known fix or workaround?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Like

Why not add them to their own leaderboard that is excluded from the main one? That might work as a work-around here.

2 Likes

Hi @Firepup650! Thank you for your response.

I should have mentioned that I tried creating a separate leaderboard as a workaround, including only the Exclude from Leaderboard group.

Although the users and their points appear on this separate leaderboard, their cheers are still missing on their user cards and profile summaries.