Discourse adoption in the wild

I’m trying to build a short list of prominent organisations and groups who use Discourse within their communities. I’ve already seen the Discourse testimonial link but clearly there are many others who are not mentioned.

I would like to demonstrate to others in my community the efficacy of Discourse and its uptake by successful teams. As suggested by @Stephen below, the community I’m associated with is Robotics and AI .

Does such a list already exist or can anyone suggest some effective google search terms that produce useful results?

3 Likes

Did you check https://www.discourse.org/customers?

9 Likes

I just found that link! Cheers!

1 Like

I would be very careful with this approach. Pre-supposing a solution and using others’ success to justify a decision is totally backwards.

Look for successful teams who operate in the same field and then dissect their approaches and tools. You will see more engagement from your community, and there will be significantly more confidence in any decision that is made.

6 Likes

@Stephen: I understand what you’re getting at, however, we’ve already committed to Discourse. So my intention is to try to identify other communities, which my members may already be familiar with, and highlight the fact that they too are using Discourse.
Not really the ideal way to go about it, but I suspect the reception will be favourable nonetheless.

1 Like

The community I’m associated with is Robotics and AI.

1 Like

Then it’s probably a good idea to give us some details on your community so we can at least suggest some relevant sites.

Discourse is very broadly used. Without some more information on your community focus we’re going to be hard pressed to provide useful links.

5 Likes

Off the top of my head. 50k users and about 170k topics.

7 Likes

Here’s a robot community:

4 Likes

Here is another one focused on motor control/robotics

4 Likes

The Canadian Football League are proud users of Discourse. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The best place to look of this is a search engine, I guess. Search for “powered by Discourse” (with quotes)

3 Likes

Here is another massive list. You can filter by type as well.

6 Likes