Sure!

You would just want to target this element like so:

html .background-container {
    position: fixed;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    height: 100vh;
    width: 100vw;
    background: url(https://d11a6trkgmumsb.cloudfront.net/original/3X/8/3/8352b68….jpeg);
    background-size: cover;
    /* background: linear-gradient(90deg, var(--tertiary-hover) 0%, var(--tertiary) 100%); */
    clip-path: ellipse(148% 70% at 91% -14%);

Here is how that looked locally when editing through Chrome’s inspector.

8 Likes

Yes but what if I want that to be the background without the 2 elements? @jordan-vidrine

2 Likes

I want to use this with the air theme because I like the boxes and category setup

2 Likes

So you want no grey area cutting into the background image?

If so, you would use the same code above, but unset the clip-path property.

html .background-container {
    background: url(https://d11a6trkgmumsb.cloudfront.net/original/3X/8/3/8352b68….jpeg);
    clip-path: unset;

This actually looks really nice with your image!

7 Likes

Ahh gotcha thank you!

3 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Search banner theme component

how to apply this code ? where to put it exactly please

Feel free to read through the following topics to get a better sense of how to customize the look and feel of your site :+1:

As well as these:

Designer’s Guide to Discourse Themes

Developer’s guide to Discourse Themes

2 Likes

Thank you so much @jordan-vidrine so I have implemented the changes and this may not be on the theme necessarily but my versatile banner, but the background is duplicated across my versatile banner as well and this is the only change I made on discourse air

background: #003366; 
    clip-path: ellipse(148% 70% at 91% -14%);
    background: url(https://i.ibb.co/GCcS8Zw/Abstract-futuristic-Molecules-technology-with-polygonal-shapes-on-dark-blue-background-Illustration.jpg); 
  }
}

This is how my page looks now: is this something I need to change in versatile banner or something on the air theme?

I do not have a background image or color set for versatile banner.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

You can try background-size: cover; or play around with variations on that.

More info here could also be helpful background-size | CSS-Tricks - CSS-Tricks

2 Likes

Ahh gotcha, will do. It is the sizing when I zoom out the image just repeats:

You think I should remove the height and width padding too?

I’ll play around with the background-size: thank you!

2 Likes
 .background-container {
    background: url(https://i.ibb.co/GCcS8Zw/Abstract-futuristic-Molecules-technology-with-polygonal-shapes-on-dark-blue-background-Illustration.jpg); 

Works perfectly thank you!

3 Likes

Does anyone know how to change the header text size and color in the front page?

I’d direct you here to get a better sense of how Discourse works, and how to customize areas of the site.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Dark / Light mode toggle component

Thank you !

Hello, how do I install this theme, what is the name of the theme?

At the very bottom of the first post of this topic is a table showing this information. This was probably not easily seen as there are a good bit of steps to set this theme up correctly. Please read through the first post, as well as the links for installing a theme and let us know if you encounter any issues :+1:

1 Like

any idea how to change this font color as we create a component for that ? this issue only in mobile …so component can be only for mobile design

search button

footer search

1 Like

Hmm :thinking: , it’s hard to tell from your screenshot what page you are on, or what specific font you are referring to. In the image you have shared there are 4 or more different text items that could possible be customized.

You seem to be interested in customizing a good bit of Discourse for yourself, which is awesome :raised_hands:

I would suggest to read through the following topics to get a better sense of how to customize the look and feel of your site :+1:

As well as these:

Designer’s Guide to Discourse Themes

Developer’s guide to Discourse Themes

1 Like