☁️ Discourse Air Theme

Jordan, i see your above and last messages is all mention to read more, i understand that and i respect it, but please note i’m not designer and i spend almost a week customize the theme with my basic knowledge… and i’m not a rich to spend $500 customize on my “not profit community”.

so consider assist us in this will be apprecaite it not for me, for other user community who will definitely like your theme with them basic knowledge in customization.

The best thing about Discourse is while there is of course a learning curve (as with anything technical these days), you are highly capable of being able to customize the things you wish to customize. I promise!

We write these topics to help our community to learn how to do things on their own, and sometimes when things get a little too difficult, we are always here to help.

That being said, the help you are asking for can definitely be attained by reading through the topics I linked earlier!

4 Likes

Is it possible to bring back the number of views alongside latest activity and number of responses?

2 Likes

You should be able to do so in a theme component. I’m not at a computer right now, but I’d you inspect the topic list element with a browser inspector like chrome, you should be able to see which rows have been hidden with css. You can then target those rows to make them visible with a custom theme component.

4 Likes

Hi, I use Air Theme with Topic List Thumbnails Theme Component - theme - Discourse Meta theme component grid mode. However, the topic arrangement is different grid view from other theme did.
for example,

other theme with the component,

Is it a issue or is there any suggested theme component to show the thumbnail of topic?

1 Like

Can you try the list mode instead? The air theme customizes the topic list, as does the thumbnails theme component, so the two will not interact together very well.

1 Like

Thanks, I try the list mode with air theme.
It looks good with list mode

2 Likes

Is there a way to make the theme use higher resolution profile pictures on the category view? The images appear very fuzzy, and I would like to avoid just directly changing the theme, so I can receive updates.

1 Like

That is a good question, I will look into this :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for the theme! There’s a subtle mobile issue I’ve noticed. It could be due to a change in the discourse source. I say this because the issue is present on my site (and the theme-creator.io) however it does not seem to be present on the test site linked in the OP

It’s a formatting issue on the topic list. I’ve highlighted a few issues.

1. vertical alignment of title and postcount (red)
  2. gap between date and bottom of the element (green)
  3. horizontal gap between avatar and left side (blue)
  4. misaligment of dates (yellow) and postcount sometimes (not shown)
  5. forgot to annotate it, but the content sometimes spills over onto the post count number

https://discourse.theme-creator.io/?preview_theme_id=6150&mobile_view=1

https://discourse.jordanvidrine.com/?mobile_view=1

I wanted to highlight the difference between topic-list-data in the inspector.

Hope the issue is clear. Thanks again

3 Likes

Hi @jordan-vidrine and contributors of this theme, would like to say thank you so much for such an amazing and modern theme!

I realised that there is a line on the topic summary card (for a particular topic), after clicking the topic and hitting the back button from the browser, is this intentional? it disappears if we refresh the browser.

How do I remove it (is it coming from the styling of one of the CSS pseudo-classes?)

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hey. Hey,
Thank you for the nice theme, too.

But we try to have categories + some html block + listing of latest articles on our main page.
I tried searching here on the forum, but I still don’t know how to achieve it. Can someone please guide me?

Should I create my own Component or how can we achieve this?

Thank you.

3 Likes

I believe this is something worth adding into the theme. I will add some CSS for you to be able to select categories & latest as a category display setting, and the latest topics area will display below, like so:

4 Likes

Thank you @jordan-vidrine that is amazing.

And can you help me with the other problem? We want to add custom HTML block into HP (probably somewhere below the main content - under Latest posts). How can I do that? I know that I must install theme not from repository but from my device to do some custom changes. But than my knowledge ends.

2 Likes

Im not familiar with what you mean by HP, could you explain?

If you want these types of customizations, I would read through this topic, it goes into detail about how to create components & customizations of this nature.

1 Like

This is something Discourse Core added for A11Y, to know what was the latest topic you just visited. Because I re-structure the order of topic-list items here, it doesnt look correct.

I can take a look at this.

2 Likes

I think he is meaning “homepage”.

I read through all posts but couldn’t find the solution for this (look at your post ☁️ Discourse Air Theme - #252 by jordan-vidrine ). Or do you implement it by yourself with a next update? Maybe as a new component?
Can you please direct me to the post where it describes how to set it like this?

1 Like

If you update the modern-category-boxes theme component on your site, this should now be available.

You would set your category layout to categories & latest in order to see the list under the boxes.

1 Like

Thank you very much! I must have been blind. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your time.

1 Like