There are many topics here on meta on how different folks use discourse as internal task manager. I loved the potential and have migrated our team to it.
Here is how we are using it so far:
- We have categories (and sub-categories) for teams/functions inside our company
- Tasks (aka topics) are created and assigned to colleagues.
- I (admin/moderator) can “snooze” my personal tasks like gmail by closing topics temporarily. Other users can’t use this snooze though.
- Added a top navigation link to “Assigned” tasks which is /latest?status=open&&assigned=me
I would love to have this additional functionality to make it a dream task manager:
- A mark “Done” functionality that assigns the topic back to OP and probably adds a tag “review”. A single step would be nice.
- A snooze button that can hide the task from a “Assigned” list till a future date/time. And unhide it at appropriate time.
- A completed button for the OP to tag the task as completed. This will hide the task from assigned list.
- Snooze should be available to all internal users and also available as a bulk option in the Assigned list.
- Keyboard shortcuts for the new functionality.
Any suggestions on how we could do this with existing core/plugin functionality? Tickets plugin seems to be overkill and still does not give Snooze.