Discourse droplet unreachable on 80,443 ports after installation on Ubuntu 20.04

I’m trying to install Discourse on ubuntu 20.04 LTS on Digital Ocean(on GCP as well, with the same result). Installed in 2 ways:

1. Official from github(docker)
  2. One click install
    my domain: proremont.io
    SMTP provider - Mailgun (my mail domain: mail.proremont.io) dns record correct.
    There was no error during installation. But the Discourse was not accessible from the browser, curl. (same sitiation when I tried send curl request to localhost:80 and 433)Ping droplet IP adress without problem. UFW firewall disabled inside droplet, on Digital Ocean - settings 80 and 443 allowed.
    Can someone help me with this problem?
1 Like

If you did a bunch of installs then you hit let’s encrypt rate limits.

you can see

tail /var/discourse/shared/standalone/log/var-log/nginx/error.log

IF you see errors about certificates I’m right. You can wait a week or try to add another subdomain to the ticket request as described in Setting up Let’s Encrypt with Multiple Domains.

3 Likes

A 3rd party tool suggests both the ports are blocked. This means either a firewall on your VPS or cloud provider is blocking those ports. You may want to disable the digital ocean firewall and check UFW on ubuntu

2 Likes

its my tails outpus:

2022/03/07 13:59:32 [emerg] 9889#9889: cannot load certificate "/shared/ssl/proremont.io.cer": PEM_read_bio_X509_AUX() failed (SSL: error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line:Expecting: TRUSTED CERTIFICATE)
2022/03/07 13:59:33 [emerg] 9892#9892: cannot load certificate "/shared/ssl/proremont.io.cer": PEM_read_bio_X509_AUX() failed (SSL: error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line:Expecting: TRUSTED CERTIFICATE)
2022/03/07 13:59:34 [emerg] 9894#9894: cannot load certificate "/shared/ssl/proremont.io.cer": PEM_read_bio_X509_AUX() failed (SSL: error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line:Expecting: TRUSTED CERTIFICATE)
1 Like

But I dont Inderstand, why , firewall disabled on droplet, and on DO settings I add rules to 80 and 443

1 Like

That is an error about certificates.

It has nothing to do with firewall and everythig to do with nginx failing to start because you don’t have a certificate.

2 Likes

but acme.sh was downloaded and started during installation. How can I fix it?

1 Like

See the link in my previous message and add a second subdomain for the same IP address. www, would be a good choice. Or wait a week. I did my best to describe the problem and solution above.

2 Likes

Thank You, Its work for me

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.