Discourse Gifs

Tenor V1 support removed and Tenor V2 added thanks to @tnoor-co!

Season 9 Thank You GIF by The Office

6 Likes
4 Likes

Hey there, I canā€™t find this option. Can someone help me out here?

1 Like

Itā€™s named download remote images to local in settings and itā€™s enabled by default.

2 Likes

Ah! Thank you so much, I thought it was going to be an option of the component itself! Much appreciated!

2 Likes

This Is Cool GIF by MOODMAN

1 Like

selected gif (giphy) is not added after last update. only in chat

1 Like

Since last update, gif via tenor are not working in chat.
Works fine in replies.

1 Like

I just updated Discourse and installed Discourse Gifs. Giphy content works in both posts and chat.

I couldnā€™t try Tenor as I donā€™t receive the confirmation email. :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

Can confirm on Latest tests-passed (as of right now), Tenor is working fine on Chat & Posts.

It definitely did appear broken in Chat as of a 120 commits or so ago (but that could also have been a compatibility issue, I did not dig), but all that appears resolved.

Suffice to say: update everything and should work!

6 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Error - e.sendChatMessage is not a function

After the last update, the new topic opening function was broken.

2 Likes

Hello :wave: Did you update Discourse to latest? The component last update convert it to gjs and to works well with that it needs new core changes.

Hello. I donā€™t see any updates in the panel. Currently installed version:

3.2.0.beta2-dev

(267e8ebaa6)

You need to navigate manually to the update page, or do a console rebuild.

3 Likes

Iā€™m having the same problem though only on mobile devices.

2 Likes

As @falco said, the problem was solved when I updated it to the latest version.

3 Likes

I updated the plugin yesterday and it broke my ability to post on mobile devices. PC still worked, but mobile was broken. Iā€™m running latest Discourse and the plugin. Disabled the plugin and can post again.

1 Like

Received this email from Giphy last night:

Hi Swapd,

Thank you for partnering with GIPHY and for using our API! Our growing developer community continues to showcase the best and most innovative ways to use animated content across the internet.

We want to let you know that GIPHY is making some changes to our current business model to support the future of our developer products. Building and maintaining our developer tools ā€” such as our API and SDK ā€” demands substantial infrastructure and human capital to source, curate, and moderate all of the awesome content on the site.

You will have two options to choose from:

1. GIPHY Pro:
  • Premium access to GIPHYā€™s API, which includes:
    • Ad-Free experience
    • Dedicated 24/7 dev support
    • Full library access (GIFs, Stickers, Clips, Emoji, etc.)
  1. GIPHY SDK:
  • Continued free access to our services via our SDK, which includes:
    • Access to GIFs and Stickers
    • Sponsored content via GIPHY Ads

If you choose GIPHY Pro, the services will be billed annually at $120 per month. To get set-up with GIPHY Pro click here. If you decide that you would like to keep free access, we will need you to integrate our SDK (instructions can be found here).

Are they introducing ads for the free version? Am I understanding this correctly?

3 Likes

Well, it makes sense that now that they are back on their own feet they need a way to monetize it.

Discourse Gifs does not use their SDK, only their API, so it looks like that in order to use Discourse Gifs with Giphy from now on staff will need to pay $120 a year.

Good thing @merefield and @tnoor-co added support for Tenor. I have changed Meta from Giphy to Tenor preemptively.

4 Likes