On a Discourse-hosted instance forum, we have enabled installed and enabled the discourse-github plugin:
However, after doing this back in August 2020, only a few users have received the badges/correct badges. It appears the badges were mostly handed out immediately after configuration.
As an example case-study:
- Here is my forum account Profile/badges - Sky020 - The freeCodeCamp Forum I have the 1 commit badge
- Here is the repository configured in the image above: freeCodeCamp/freeCodeCamp (github.com) heading over to the insights tab will show I have 35 commits
- My GitHub and forum email address are the same.
Note: I changed my GitHub username, in December. If this affected the outcome in any way, then so be it. However, others have:
- not changed any account details
- have logged into the forum through GitHub
- and have received no badges after contributing
We have been unable to pin-point anything incorrectly configured, and would appreciate any assistance/clarification with this. I have looked at this reply on meta.discourse.
Feel free to ask for more details, if necessary; I would be able to get permission for other users/case-studies.