Discourse Gives Back 2017

Originally published at: Discourse Gives Back 2017

We’ve had a fantastic year at Discourse, growing our team to 20 21 people. (There’s also something exciting and major happening early in 2018 that we’ve worked hard on for the last six months that we can’t quite announce yet. But trust me when I say we are very excited!) Starting from our initial prototype…

95 Likes

Congratulations and well done!! :+1:

As a forum admin for over 10 years - Discourse is by far my favourite forum platform now, and I love seeing it go from strength to strength and seeing the platform and team evolve and grow.

I look forward to hearing your major announcement for 2018 and wish you all the best!

Thank you and well done for all those initiatives!!

22 Likes

cant like this enough!!!

im so grateful for the team and the product… it’s a huge part of what i do now and my professional future! in short… it couldn’t have been possible without discourse!

you (the discourse team) are changing lives! this isnt hyperbole… this is fact.

14 Likes

Congratulations and well done discourse team. That is 55K in donations for the Open Source software alone.
The diversity in the selection of organizations to support is great.

7 Likes

Bravo! We love Discourse and the team

go go go

9 Likes

WOooOoo!!! :metal:

What an amazing example of the power and positivity of open-source. Richard Stallman must be one happy camper.
Thank you for your excellent work, and your commitment to growth…

6 Likes

How did I not see this until now!? This. Is Awesome! :facepunch:
Bravo @codinghorror and team.

5 Likes

This is so inspiring! Congrats and thank you for setting a great example!

4 Likes

Am I the only one holding their breath?

6 Likes

Nope, the entire Discourse team is turning blue.

25 Likes

Great corporate responsibility guys!

:calendar: :thinking: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Is it still something that discourse is doing? If so would be great to continue to write about it and advertise this. Open source needs funding for developers working on open source but also companies using these open-source tools, so this kind of action is great.

I’m also advocating open-source funding in general through a list of tools that can be used in this end. You might be interested in that https://monetizeyourcode.com/.

5 Likes

Absolutely yes, we are continuing to do so.

We will do it soon.

8 Likes

Here it is

7 Likes