Discourse in Hindi

Is hindi translated version of Discourse is available for install?

1 Like

Hi,

you can see the state of support of currently tracked languages on: Discourse localization

Sadly afaik hindi is almost not translated.

4 Likes

Can I be a part of that translation. What are the requirements for that.

There’s a button on the page @joffreyjaffeux linked to help translate:

2 Likes

Of course. Just go to Transifex, register, go to HI language and translate :wink:

2 Likes

That link is going to 404 until you sign up to Transifex, join the team and select Hindi as a language. You can’t go there directly until you’ve done all of the above.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

1 Like

@AbhishekVerma can you update on the hindi translation status. We can pitch in and make it 100% asap. @itsbhanusharma

2 Likes

Overall 27.82% are translated into Hindi. The most important parts are at 4.38% and 49.64%.

6 Likes

Thanks.

We have an interest to get this done asap. However I am not able to validate the translations since I am not authorized. Any help will be appreciated. My account on Transiflex is @gnowgi .

I can take care of Hindi and Telugu translations for now.

5 Likes

You’re now a reviewer of both Hindi & Telugu.

6 Likes

We will work to reach the target within two weeks.

To some of my volunteers I want to pass the yml file. It is good to give them a partially translated file. I could not find a way of doing that at Transifex. Any pointers will be useful. Git repo seems to have only the released translation files.

It’s best to directly translate in Transifex. The UI has basic checks to prevent common translation errors, helps you insert interpolation keys (e.g. %{count}) and other untranslatable stuff like HTML tags and allows multiple people to translate at the same time. Working with files usually ends in chaos.

4 Likes

I’ll continue translation & proofreading as I get back to my desk tomorrow. I was on a family vacation, totally disconnected from the internet for most of the last month.

Hoping to make this reasonably usable in the coming month.

4 Likes

Can anyone please tell how can I translate my discourse forum in hindi language.

2 Likes

We currently do not ship Hindi translations with Discourse, but you can help translate it into Hindi at https://translate.discourse.org. We will start distributing the translations when there’s enough progress (minimum: client.yml and server.yml > 50% translated).

3 Likes

@gerhard Is it possible to have Hindi as an option for an installation even when threshold of 50% is not reached?

Unfortunately that’s not possible at the moment.

Is there a way to test a language, which is not part of the distribution, on live forum?