ProCourse Memberships šŸ’ø

Gave it a test run. So far, smooth sailing but Iā€™ve noticed two things:

1. When a card gets declined, for whatever reason (mistake while typing the number, for example), the gateway returns a ā€œSorry, an error occurred.ā€ I am guessing it wonā€™t give custom notifications such as card declined? Also, when the error happens, the fields are no longer editable. You have to reload the whole page to start over.

2. Any way to change the /league in the URL?

By the way, thank you for the permissions addon, it works great!

Another pros compared to Patreon - the latter does not support all localizaitons, e.g. we at Russian community forum.kozovod.com canā€™t use Patreon.

We currently use simple FormAssembly forms for donations. We grant badges manually (anyway, there are very few donations per month).

Iā€™d like to see Stripe integration in this plugin.

2 Likes

I actually have two different clients wanting to use this plugin right now that want to use different gateways. One is using FirstData and the other is Stripe.

My plan is get the FirstData bit out the door first (no pun intended) and then work on Stripe. So those should be coming out in the next month or so.

6 Likes

@joebuhlig Iā€™m a fan of Stripe, and would be interested in this gateway as well. Thanks much.

2 Likes

I would be very interested in stripe. I havenā€™t tested if this plugin works for my purposes but Iā€™d prefer to use something like stripe as I have an existing relationship

1 Like

The client wanting FirstData needed to slow down. Looks like Stripe will be first. :wink:

6 Likes

A nice surprise. Thanks Joe

3 Likes

Also got a potential client who would need Stripe so good to see itā€™s under development!

3 Likes

Hi!

My 2cents: You should make the process of adding a gateway by a template base class or something, to let people develop their own gateway implementationā€¦

I think of crypto-currencies payments but I assume you wont develop yourself each 100s of crypto out there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed. Thatā€™s the plan. This plugin is going through a rename as well as the creation of tests. So thereā€™s a lot going on with it at the moment. But yes, as Iā€™m adding these gateways Iā€™m extracting out the calls and keeping the gateways interchangeable.

Is it possible to use this without the payments and just the registration prompt ?

Small issue:

You seem to have checked in a stray symlink here.

3 Likes

Good catch. Thanks, Richard!

4 Likes

Is it available in India?

Hi @joebuhlig! It seems your demo site is no longer working.

Please let us know once the rebranding and adding Stripe is done!

Iā€™d like to contribute translating it to Russian through Transifex and then install on my forum.

Shouldnā€™t have to wait long. Hoping to release a mass of updates to this yet this week. :wink:

7 Likes

I have a question that might be dumb. Is it possible for a user to have multiple levels?

A customer has a plan like this :

• basic users : can see some posts
  • level 1 : can ask questions in specific categories, very low membership price
  • level 2.1 : have access to a hidden category
  • level 2.2 : have access to another hidden category.
  • level 2.3 : have access to another hidden category

Could a user purchase level 2.1 then add the level 2.2 without losing the 2.1 access automatically? These levels are independants but can be cumulated

Ideally, Iā€™d like to avoid creating a higher level with access to both categories. Having too much levels could create confusion (itā€™s already confusing enough, but I do what Iā€™m asked to do ^^)

Membership plugins usually donā€™t allow that kind of things (at least in the free versions), and I totally get why, so I wanted to ask if it was something that could be done with this plugin

This has been a long time coming but we have a LOT of new things implemented with this plugin.

The first one is the name. Weā€™ve moved it from Discourse League to ProCourse Memberships to align with the rest of our plugins. (cc: @meglio) But that also means that the location of the plugin has moved underneath the ProCourse organization:

https://github.com/procourse/procourse-memberships

The next change involves payment gateways. Weā€™ve implemented two new ones: PayPal and Stripe.

That means you now use Braintree, PayPal, or Stripe with this plugin. You can see the how-to documentation for all gateways here.

A big thanks to @outofthebox for sponsoring the work for the PayPal gateway. :tada:

And in the scheme of things, it only made sense that we set up a demo site for this under the ProCourse name. So we created demo.procourse.co to allow us to do just that. Right now it only has this memberships plugin installed, but over time weā€™ll build out demos for all of our plugins on that site. (cc: @bartv)

Finally, (and since Iā€™ve received this question a lot lately) there is NO license key restriction on this plugin. It is 100% open with no limitations. Enjoy! :partying_face:

Short answer: yes

Think of it this way, a membership level is tied to a user group. That means that if you wanted to set up 25 levels that all grant access to 25 different groups that are then tied to 25 different categories, you could do that. It all depends on how you handle the security settings of the categories and the groups you add to those security settings. This plugin simply grants access to the group via payment.

13 Likes

Nice, Iā€™ll try it ASAP and make a PR for french translation soon

Thanks for your reply

3 Likes