Discourse live examples & a few questions

Hi all, I’m launching a product review website and I am interested in using Discourse.

First question: can you show me your site where you’re using Discourse?

Second question: Rather than just having a single thread of comments at the bottom of a review - like you might get with Disqus or Facebook comments - I’d like users to be able to start new threads where they can discuss the review and ask their own questions.

A little bit like the Q&A on Amazon, i.e. “Will this work with widget X” and when they ask this question, it starts a new thread on the ‘main’ forum, along the lines of: Website > Forum > Product Reviews > Widget B Review: Will this work with widget X?

Is this possible with Discourse? Thank you.

Have you tried looking at the examples at discourse.org for example http://www.discourse.org/customers

Awesome, thanks. I must admit I never looked at the Customers tab in the About menu as I didn’t think that would show live examples.

Yep, that’s why we created the website! :wink:

1 Like

I’m using discourse at:

Fairly standard self hosted install with all official plugins (except 2) and our color profile applied.
1 Like

If you could give an example of what you’re looking for, you may get a better answer.

Thanks, I did think that was a good example but try this:

If you scroll down to the Customer Questions & Answers section, that’s what I’d like to be able to do with Discourse, i.e. for users to be able to hang multiple threads off one topic / product review.

Well, upon that, I’d say that discourse is more like a one post - many replies solution not a one post - one reply solution e.g. amazon QnA

You may be able to allow featured answer by marking it as solved (using discourse-solved plugin) but that won’t stop others from posting their answers.

Best example of how discourse works is here on meta. Feel free to browse around and it will give you a very decent overview of how discourse works.

I like the name onrg