Discourse Narrative Bot Beta Feedback

Here are some thoughts on the advanced user track:

• The bot says “There are lots of ways to customize your experience, such as selecting a dark or light theme.” But whether or not a user can select a theme or which themes are available is a site setting and can be turned off. Wouldn’t it make more sense to mention something that is available regardless of site settings? For example: “… such as how many and what kind of emails you receive”?
  • The second exercise is “Go ahead and delete any of your posts above by using the delete action. Don’t delete the first post, though!” However, at that point, the user usually has exactly one post apart from the OP so it’s a bit strange to say “any of your posts above”
  • After the delete task, the bot creates another post on my behalf, deletes it, and asks me to undelete it? Why not just ask to undelete the post I have deleted in the previous task? If the idea is that all tasks should be doable regardless of the other ones, I would suggest that the bot only creates a deleted post if the user did not complete the delete-task.
  • In discourse_narrative_bot.advanced_user_narrative.edit.instructions the bot says “Everyone makes mistakes. But don’t worry, you can always edit your posts to fix them!” Wouldn’t this be a nice opportunity to play with the fact that it’s a bot by letting him say “Humans make mistakes…”?

Update: I also noticed in the advanced track that after the bot says

In the meantime, I’ll stay out of your way.

It nevertheless still sends the timeout message. Not sure if it would have sent it if I had not replied to the previous message, but the interaction is nevertheless a bit strange:

4 Likes