Discourse Narrative Bot Beta Feedback

Some feedback from (existing) users on our Discourse instance who tried out Discobot:

I gave it a go. I particularly like the certificate at the end/badge. It could be a great way to introduce it at a school staff meeting to ensure that everyone knows how to use it and the purpose behind it. I enjoyed it. Great work!

and

I guess it will help some people. I am undecided on whether it is better than a long post or not. Perhaps a 1 min video might be better, that quickly shows what you can do. Add some catchy music and away you go!

and

The bot started to ping me and it got annoying quickly. If you don’t carefully read the instructions it feels like it starts to nag! I guess it is ‘learning by doing’, which is great, but I am not sure it is the best way to introduce the system to a new user fresh off the signup page.

I’ve edited the Discobot user and its text (mainly just the first message – hat tip to @HAWK) and I’ve included a quick video to get people up to speed:

Would it be worthwhile having a video along these lines available out of the box?

8 Likes