Discourse Needs help resources and documentation

Yes, Jay, I am aware of that. But most of my members are used to a listserv, but even if they weren’t, I think the terminology fools them.

As far as I know, for every email product, industry standard, the word REPLY means it goes back to the sender only, and REPLY ALL goes to all. Discourse is the exception. For Discourse, sending a PM is not obvious without guidance.

- Just noting that I have seen an old discussion about this, but I’m not sure if a solid conclusion was reached.

3 Likes

I would hope these people know how to inspect & edit the recipient lists in their email client and see the email is going to the “list” and not the person, but perhaps that’s too much to ask of people.

2 Likes

Is there documentation on how to customize the interface. I am not a coder and I am trying to customize a site for a non-profit. Discourse is a great tool but it would be helpful to have some input on how to create a great user experience for the site, especially if the audience consists of less tech minded persons.

1 Like

Basic documentation on how to edit and customize CSS on any webpage would suffice; there are lots of great tutorials out there.

Enter your custom CSS in Admin, Customize and you’re golden.

3 Likes