Hi. I’m about to launch my Discourse forum, which is a phpbb import.
Both are forums, but they have a lot of differences.
I would like to create a topic on my forum that explains the basic functioning of Discourse, addressed specifically to new, regular, also often phpbb users.
- What are “likes” and why they should use it
- How to properly quote people
- How to post images
- How to post emojis or write quicker with keyboard shortcuts
- How to track topics
- How to see the preview then writing a message (by default, there is a “similar topics” window or another message to the right to the editor, and sometimes we can miss that we can close it in order to see the preview)
- Look at their own profile page to fill custom fields if there are some
- How to change the default home page
I can, of course, gather these info myself and there are resources about this (for example What are “Likes”?), but I wonder if people here have already made a topic like this for their community. Or maybe here, to the intent of curious, new users that just want to know more about the Discourse experience as regular old-school forum users.
Plus, as I’m not very familiar with Discourse myself, I may miss some interesting features.
So, Is there any topic here or elsewhere which explains all of this? Do you see any feature that could be worth to mention and explain to my users?