`discourse remap` failed

I just moved a forum from name.com to forum.name.com but it failed:

Error: ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint “unique_post_links”
DETAIL: Key (topic_id, post_id, url)=(246, 813, http://forum.name.com) already exists.
The remap has only been partially applied due to the error above. Please re-run the script again.

So I ran it again (it failed again) then did rake posts:rebake and checked the forum to find I have some instances of forum.forum.name.com. (So then do discourse remap forum.forum.name.com forum.name.com and rake posts:rebake to try and fix it - with some success, I had to change some instances manually).

I have some questions:

• Does discourse remap name.com forum.name.com only apply to post content? If not, is it just Site Settings I need to look through to find possible issues?
  • Should it be run in some sort of transaction? (If so, it didn’t appear to when it failed for me)

No, it applies to the entire database. Posts, site settings, themes, uploads, everything.

4 Likes

Ah yeah looking at the full error again now it seems to have gone through these:

backup_metadata=1
categories=6
email_logs=306
email_tokens=1
groups=1
incoming_domains=3
incoming_emails=3
javascript_caches=4
post_custom_fields=275
post_revisions=134
posts=441
post_search_data=50
search_logs=8
site_settings=5
stylesheet_cache=540
theme_fields=9
theme_settings=3

I’ve checked all site settings and they’re fine (as are themes) and I guess all the above were done - can you see anything that should have been done that wasn’t? Do you think it is safe to continue as is or do you think it needs to be redone from scratch?

Also any ideas why duplicate key value violates unique constraint errors are becoming more frequent on Discourse? I’ve noticed a few topics on this and I think this is the third time I’ve had such an issue myself.

Not from the output, no. We only output tables with changes. No way to know if a table not in the list because it of the error, or simply because there were no instances of name.com in the (not listed) table.

Unfortunately that’s beyond my expertise.

Thanks Joshua.

Any ideas what the numbers signify? Number of changes?

What is the recommended way forward now? Fix the unique constraint error then reverse (go from forum.name.com back to name.com, then back again) or do something else?

Edit: done

I entered the app and Rails console then deleted the TopicLink in question then went from forum.name.com back to name.com, then back again.

backup_metadata=1
categories=6
email_logs=318
email_tokens=2
groups=1
incoming_domains=3
incoming_emails=3
javascript_caches=4
post_custom_fields=277
post_revisions=140
posts=444
post_search_data=51