Discourse selected for Mozilla Open Source Support program

In late October Mozilla announced something called the Mozilla Open Source Support Program. Their selection criteria seemed favourable towards Discourse, so we decided to take a shot at it.

I am reminded regularly of how deeply Mozillians identify open source and free software as a critical element of an open Internet and healthy, trustworthy online experiences. I am excited to build a program that helps us bring concrete support to this worldview. You are the key to making this program great – to identifying great projects, to helping figure out what engagement from Mozilla would make a meaningful difference and to deepening Mozilla’s connections with our open source and free software compatriots.

Today, we are pleased to announce that the MOSS program has awarded Discourse a grant of $25’000!

This topic is for comments on the original blog entry at: http://blog.discourse.org/2015/12/discourse-selected-for-mozilla-open-source-support-program/

22 Likes

The topic linked in the blog post isn’t public. :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks Mozilla! :heart:

Should be public now. :smile:

3 Likes

great. Is there any place to look how email improvements is going to look like ? So we can prepare.
I am dying to build up mail-list upon discource, it will be nice to link posts whit features which describing improvements of e mails.

Yeah, check out the MOSS Roadmap topic:

Not all features are specced out yet, but this list should give you a pretty good idea of what’s coming.

4 Likes