Discourse staff messages - user based archives

Hi,

At first, thank you again for superb software! :heart_eyes_cat:

If I understood correctly, it is currently impossible to make user based archives for staff group work? Meaning, if I archive the message in staff group, all other staff members will have it archived as well?

If so, this is quite inconvenient. Is there a way user based archives could be implemented, please?

Hi there – can you explain your use case please? If all staff can see it in the inbox, why would you not want all staff to see it when archived?

1 Like

An additional interesting change that is landing at the moment is that we have proper new/unread tracking with filters for these messages.

So “per-user” archive is effectively simply dismissing, then you would keep up of interesting things using new and unread filters.

Yes, the use case if very simple - we all may work on different issues reported by users.

An additional interesting change that is landing at the moment is that we have proper new/unread tracking with filters for these messages.

Sam, thanks, this is great!

So “per-user” archive is effectively simply dismissing, then you would keep up of interesting things using new and unread filters.

I must disagree, as per-user archive is about keeping things clear on the main “Latest” tab, because I tag threads that I want to keep and which I am solely working on. The other staff members works on something else.