Discourse to be listed in internet.org

Hi there, currently i’m building a community website based on discourse whose address is www.askcambodia.org and what impress me the most is that I got an initation from facebook partnership to list my site in internet.org. is there any guidance to make discourse compatible with internet.org guiline?

Cheers,
Vannak

1 Like

I’m not sure, are the internet.org guidelines listed anywhere?

Here it is. Technical Guidelines - Free Basics - Documentation - Facebook for Developers

:laughing: no that won’t work for us

JavaScript

In order to offer an experience that can work across devices, your service should remain functional and useful when JavaScript is disabled. This means that your content should not rely on JavaScript for any of the core user experiences, particularly navigation or other core functionality.

We have plans to make a read-only version of the site available in 1996 era HTML for older devices. But it’d be 100% read only not “fully functional”.

3 Likes

Specifically, mobile websites should work in the absence of:

JavaScript
SVG images and WOFF font types
HTTPS support
iframes
Video and large images
Flash and Java applets

We fail on this, we do have plans for readonly that cuts across all mobile devices, but its not quite done yet.

I disable javascript on chrome and the stile is just readonly. hmmm…

That trick is not going to work on a large number of very old phones. All they get is a white screen.

We do work on quite old phones though, but slow and buggy

If you go back to a 3gs, its white screen + please upgrade.

it is unfortunate then. But that’s ok as it works fine on desktop. :wink: