DiscourseHub on iPad is closing unexpectedly

Sorry, this will be the most useless bug report ever.

When I’m reading several topics, the Hub will close unexpectedly. I can’t pinpoint the exact number of topics needed to cause this, but I red new topics here last night, and this morning I had something like a dozen in /latest. On the OpenAI forum, the same thing happens sooner than here, because there are many more new posts and quite a few topics are longer.

The hub isn’t crashing. It just closes itself and returns to its home screen. The last visit mark will be correct, but that is expected because it comes from Discourse, not from the Hub.

This isn’t related to the new iPadOS, 17.7.x or 18, because it started a bit sooner. I would claim it started when we got those useful icons and the hiding connect button. But sure, I don’t know that for sure. And I don’t know if the same would happen on iPhones too, because I’m using it for quick peeks only.

How to try this…. Well, buy a basic iPad 10gen and read quite a bit using DiscourseHub. Sorry guys, I don’t know how I could give more info :man_shrugging:

1 Like