Discourse's Third Birthday

As of today, it’s been three years since we launched Discourse as a public project. How time flies when you’re having fun! As birthday present, I’m pleased to announce that as of this morning – literally, this morning – we now own our domain name: discourse.com The domain was previously owned by Educational Testing Services,…

This topic is for comments on the original blog entry at: http://blog.discourse.org/2016/02/discourses-third-birthday/

25 Likes

Happy Birthday! :confetti_ball: :gift: :confetti_ball:

4 Likes

Happy birthday! I feeling old coming from the red/blue pill days.

It’s good to have the .com domain name, but I’d argue the general cultural expectation is for an open source project to run under a .org domain. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Congratulations to the entire team!

5 Likes

Congrats guys!

6 Likes

Congratulations to the discourse team.

7 Likes

In this case they could be more like WordPress and move the hosting portion over to the .com

7 Likes

3 and you’re running already. :smile:
Well done guys.

3 Likes

Congratulations! Can’t tell you how excited I am about the Discourse project. We’ve been biding our time on our current forum, but can’t wait to make the jump when then time is right with our community and tech resources. Congrats on 3 amazing years and thanks for all the team does.

4 Likes

That’s wonderful! Thanks so much, as always, for Discourse.

My absolute favorite forum software :smile:

4 Likes

Happy (late) Birthday Discourse!Now just 359 more days till next time!

1 Like

Words of wisdom Bill Murray.Words of wisdom…

Happy late birthday!

Wow great news, in my opinion the .org always felt a bit weird.

@codinghorror I guess you don’t publish #'s for a reason but I thought I would ask. How many sites are you guys hosting?

Around three hundred to four hundred at the moment.

6 Likes