One Year of Discourse

(Jeff Atwood) #1

To celebrate our first birthday (a little late, I know) I’m pleased to announce we are now accepting signups for Discourse communities.

So happy birthday!

This topic is for comments on the original blog entry at: One Year of Discourse

Year should be added to post date at some point
(Andrew Mohebbi) #2

It’s an exciting day! I already submitted a signup. I couldn’t resist. After growing two forums to millions of posts on vBulletin (I still have nightmares), I can’t wait to give Discourse a shot with one (or more) new community ideas I have. I promised myself I would never self-host a forum again. That’s why I’ve waited for this day so eagerly.

Congratulations on your first birthday and thank you for what you’ve accomplished so far and continue to work on!

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #3

Congrats!

This is the first I hear of Ubuntu being an official beta partner. There wasn’t ever a writeup for that on Discourse’s end was there? Just making sure I didn’t miss anything.

Highly recommend @jorge_castro’s “Let’s reinvigorate the watercooler” (it’s not about PC watercooling systems), it was a great read in proper Discourse spirit.

(Wojciech Zawistowski) #4

Congrats guys!

This is an awesome achievement! I wish you this year to be even more amazing than the first one.

Keep the good work and your passion!

(Zach Edwards) #5

I’m so excited! I’ve been waiting for this day for SO long. I would be ever so grateful to get one of these early communities… my email is @victorymedium.com

THANK YOU for all your hard work!

(yana) #6

I’m happy to hear that.
Congrats.

(Jeff Atwood) #7

I moved 3 posts to a new topic: Tension between vBulletin and Discourse community at Ubuntu?

(Jeff Atwood) #8