One Year of Discourse

To celebrate our first birthday (a little late, I know) I’m pleased to announce we are now accepting signups for Discourse communities.

So happy birthday!

This topic is for comments on the original blog entry at: http://blog.discourse.org/2014/02/one-year-of-discourse/

18 Likes

It’s an exciting day! I already submitted a signup. I couldn’t resist. After growing two forums to millions of posts on vBulletin (I still have nightmares), I can’t wait to give Discourse a shot with one (or more) new community ideas I have. I promised myself I would never self-host a forum again. That’s why I’ve waited for this day so eagerly.

Congratulations on your first birthday and thank you for what you’ve accomplished so far and continue to work on!

3 Likes

Congrats!

This is the first I hear of Ubuntu being an official beta partner. There wasn’t ever a writeup for that on Discourse’s end was there? Just making sure I didn’t miss anything.

Highly recommend @jorge_castro’s “Let’s reinvigorate the watercooler” (it’s not about PC watercooling systems), it was a great read in proper Discourse spirit.

4 Likes

Congrats guys!

This is an awesome achievement! I wish you this year to be even more amazing than the first one.

Keep the good work and your passion!

3 Likes

I’m so excited! I’ve been waiting for this day for SO long. I would be ever so grateful to get one of these early communities… my email is @victorymedium.com

THANK YOU for all your hard work!

I’m happy to hear that.
Congrats.

I moved 3 posts to a new topic: Tension between vBulletin and Discourse community at Ubuntu?