Display Unread messages in the footer

Hi.

Would it be possible to add an option, in the Profile > Preferences > Interface, to choose what to display in the footer? Ideally, I would like to see my Unread messages there.
There could be a dropdown menu to let the user choose to display the Suggested Topics or the Unread Messages, or both (5 topics of each maximum).

Mock-up:

Currently, the footer shows five “Suggested Topics” (at the bottom of the page):

When I browse my favourite forum on my (Android) smartphone, one of the first things that I do is going to Menu > Unread to see the new replies of the threads that I track.

Then I click on the first topic listed in this “Unread” page, that leads me to the thread, specifically to the unread message.

Then, once I read the rest of the thread to the bottom (there can be several replies), I have to go again to Menu > Unread (at the top) or I have to click on Unread (4) at the bottom of the page to see once again the list of Unread messages… And so on…

I just think it would be really convenient for users to see their “Unread Messages” at the bottom of the page (maybe above the Suggested Topics?). This way, after reading a topic, users could be able to quickly go to their next Unread Message.

For those who don’t want to see both (Suggested Topics and Unread Messages), a dropdown menu would let users decide what to display, between these two options.

Thank you in advance for considering to implement this option.

1 Like