DIY Discourse. would love to install Discourse on my own

can i DIY Discourse?

Sure, follow our guide

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/master/docs/INSTALL-cloud.md

3 Likes

thanks for the reply Regis Hanol…would love to see a video tutorial…could you help with that PLEASE?

Have you tried searching on youtube? Make sure you check the release date to ensure it’s not outdated though.

yea i tried but didn’t get any…i really need to install it coz i wana start my own community…guide me please friend

Well, follow the step-by-step tutorial I linked earlier. It’s not that different from a video.

1 Like

i use windows 7…does it also apply to it?

You’re going to need a web server running Linux. You can use your Windows box as a terminal client, but Discourse doesn’t support using Windows as the server.

5 Likes

I have to admit, I’ve found this guide from Digital Ocean (note: this is not the one-click installer, just an howto). and just have gone for it. Still one should know some Linux basics to keep things going, makes your life easier to fully understand what’s happening.

Unless I’m missing something, that’s pretty much exactly the same as the official install guide.

You’ll need some cloud hosting service like Digital Ocean to host it. Most of them have some kind of console that will let you log to a terminal via the web browser, so it doesn’t matter much what OS you use on your desktop.

2 Likes