[GER] Wie installiere ich das Forum Per Linux?

Hi,

Kann mir einer ein tutorial gegeben wir ich das auf linux installiere, möchte ungern kaufen. Weiß nicht wie viel an hand das kostet.

Also umgerechnet in EURO statt Dollar

Gruß Andy

2 Likes

You can follow this tutorial to install it in a Linux server https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/master/docs/INSTALL-cloud.md

7 Likes

dis is free and for the linux server ?

Discourse is indeed free software. As all software, you need some hardware in order to run it.

If you have a linux server already, you can use it. It just need to have a public connection to the internet. If you don’t have one you can get one as cheap as $5 from providers like Digital Ocean.

6 Likes

I don’t understand the instructions, could you at least give me good instructions?

That I can only copy & install it

thanks you !

Those are good instructions. They’re about the best instructions out there. And they do, by and large, let you copy and paste the commands (what few of them there are). If there are specific parts you’re having trouble understanding, I’d expect people here will be happy to help if you’ll explain what you’re confused about. But if those instructions leave you totally lost with no idea of how to proceed, might I gently suggest that this project is a bit over your head at this time?

6 Likes

Somehow everything is messed up, which should be installed first.

I’m sorry, don’t check it somehow. It is totally confusing with all the instructions.

Once your VPS is created, the installation consists of only four commands:

sudo -s
git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse_docker.git /var/discourse
cd /var/discourse
./discourse-setup

…and if you’re logging in directly as the root user, the first command isn’t even needed. What part of this is confusing?

1 Like

When I do sudo -s, nothing shows me

and dis

Port 80 appears to already be in use.

This will show you what command is using port 80
./discourse-setup: line 283: lsof: command not found

If you are trying to run Discourse simultaneously with another web
server like Apache or nginx, you will need to bind to a different port

See https://meta.discourse.org/t/17247

If you are reconfiguring an already-configured Discourse, use

./launcher stop app

to stop Discourse before you reconfigure it and try again.

Why don’t you tell us what else you’ve done? Where have you installed this server? What operating system is it using (title, release, etc.)? What else (especially, what other web applications) is running on it? Because the instructions are really intended for installation on a “clean” virtual server; if you have other things going on there, it probably won’t work as well.

3 Likes

operating system

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (daemon)

Should I switch to 18.04 LTS?

2019-12-28 14_07_16-Nitrado.net Webinterface - Neuinstallation durchführen

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Plain) sounds like a good choice. It’s newer and I’m quite sure the “daemon” of 16.04 means that some kind of webserver is pre-installed, which would explain your current issue with port 80 being used.

2 Likes

So take Okey 18.04 ?

1 Like

Hopefully it will work because I got the error port:80

Ok ok i have it.

Where can I find the German speakers

1 Like

Hast du noch was auf deinem Server installiert? Ich habe gerade gesehen, dass das Port 80 noch eine Web-App nützt. Falls ja dann musst du über ngix Proxy und Subdomains deine Apps richtig aufteilen. Ich bin kein Expert und kein Techniker, deswegen habe ich keine step by step Instruktionen, aber du kannst immer googlen, wie man mit ngix Proxy und subdomene einrichten kann. Also Port 80 muss für Discourse frei sein.

Ich hab eine Domain schon, die läuft unter loudtime.de