Does this software allow admin to put Adsense ads in?

As the title suggests really. I am looking at discourse as an option to transfer or xenforo forum too. I need to know though if admin can simply add ads into the forum. Also is there a migration script or anything?

There is an official adplugin with a lot of options and it seems easy to use : GitHub - discourse/discourse-adplugin: Official Discourse Advertising Plugin. Install & Start Serving Ads on Your Discourse Forum

A plugin is really simple to install :

1 Like

Wow great thanks so much. So it seems according to this email I can reply via email. So just going to test it out! Lol. I am really looking to have something that is more modern and less complicated for the user. Do you provide a way to migrate from xenforo?

1 Like

Oh and it worked! The plugin instal is somewhat unfamiliar to me as am used to uploading a plugin folder. Via FTP and installing it in the back end of xenforo. I am sure I could did this out though.

The plugin are really easy to install. Once you understand how the console work it’ll take 30 seconds to add the git clone (then 10-15 minutes for the rebuild). I didn’t know more than you at the time.

There is a migration script for xenforo : discourse/xenforo.rb at main · discourse/discourse · GitHub

You’ll need to ready some guides. You can read this one (import from phpbb) for inspiration :

2 Likes

Thanks I am going to have to get my head around git hub stuff I don’t really understand it!