Domains for sale

Hi everyone,

I’ve some domains registered last year that maybe are interesting for anyone working on discourse’s ecosystem (freelancers, agencies, hosting companies, theme building, etc).

discourseConf.com
discourseGarden.com
discourseHispano.com
discourseLab.com
discourseThemes.com
discourseTutorials.com
discourseTuGo.com
discourseVip.com

Please, contact me if you are interested.

Tks!
Pablo

I don’t need a domain right now but I’m wondering if Discourse have a policy like WordPress’s - no companies can use “WordPress” in their name. @codinghorror?

Good Question! Thanks Jeff if u can clarify this.

Is there a place on wordpress.com where this policy is quoted?

“Discourse” is a little different than “WordPress” because “WordPress” is not a standard English dictionary word.

It’s on their Trademark Page Trademark Policy – WordPress Foundation

Permission from the WordPress Foundation is required to use the WordPress or WordCamp name or logo as part of any project, product, service, domain or company name.

2 Likes

We’ve been over this already :stuck_out_tongue:
https://meta.discourse.org/t/is-discourse-trademarked/8681/3?u=erlend_sh

Here’s the notice at the bottom of Discourse.org:

Content is by-nc-sa, Discourse logo and “Discourse Forum” ®, Civilized Discourse Construction Kit, Inc.

So I’m supposing by @codinghorror’s response that the use of the word “Discourse” is fine for any use excepting “Discourse Forum”.

I think it has to be that way, because Discourse is a platform for any topic. Otherwise something like

philosophydiscourse.com

would be “illegal”. I don’t think the Apple example is germane @erlend_sh since Discourse covers “any topic of human discussion” not just “computer hardware and software”.

But you could limit it to stuff like “SAAS that offers Discourse as a third party product”.

Really though, it might suffice to have a “Please refrain from making confusing names [see examples]” policy, and let your community vigilantes take it from there.

1 Like