Don't get registration mail, but smtp server works fine

Hi

I would like to install Discource but I have one BIG problem. I didn’t receive a registration email.
I use Elastic Email as an SMTP provider. I check connection (use node application) - credentials are ok and I can send an email.

I’ve checked on two different servers (one on OVH, on my machine - Debians) - both don’t work.
No logs with email.

discource-doctor said that SMTP server connection successful.
In cat shared/standalone/log/rails/production.log I can see Sent mail to MY_EMAIL_ACCOUNT@gmail.com (439.1ms)

telnet smtp.elasticemail.com 2525 says Connected to smtp.elasticemail.com.

Any ideas ?

Did you check your spam folder?

When I first set up Discourse on one of my sites it went to spam because the email was coming from forum.domain.com instead of domain.com, once I fixed that the emails came through fine.

4 Likes

Yes, I’ve checked spam folder.
The most weird thing is that in Elastic Mail I can’t see, that EM sent message. Sent messages counter is 0 . So Discource didn’t connect to SMTP server, so it could not send a message.

I just noticed your telnet to 2525, did you configure app.yml correctly?

DISCOURSE_SMTP_PORT:

Also, what’s your protocol set to in Elastic Mail?

What does it mean protocol set to in Elastic Mail?

I’ve checked Mailjet - I’ve got message :astonished:

@Corsterix How do you resolve wrong domain ? Uncomment - exec: rails r "SiteSetting.notification_email='noreply@DOMAINl'" ?

I found a solution !

I have server on OVH, which probably block 25 and 2525 port. And another related with SMTP.

When I choose port on 587 everything works !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.